One of the objectives of the Juan de Lanuza School since its inception has been to develop the multilingual learning of its students. The teaching of a language should not be limited to the classroom and it is our responsibility to provide our students with a communicative competence in the three languages that are part of our curriculum and the possibility of applying what they have learned in real world situations that surround them.
With this purpose, and almost at the same time as the school, the Aula Global program was born with the purpose of developing experiences in other countries that allow the ESO and Baccalaureate students of our center to improve their linguistic competence and contribute to their knowledge of other cultures and a greater sensitivity to the experience and lifestyles of people in other countries.
Aula Global started with a school exchange with a school in the United Kingdom and currently offers a range of 10 different programs, mainly traditional exchanges lasting from 7 to 14 days, during which students have a partner in a school in another country. , enjoy the opportunity to visit and live in the house of their partner and to act as hosts when foreign students visit our school. In addition to these exchanges, Aula Global also provides the possibility for our students to develop a four-monthly academic stay, participate in a quarterly academic exchange and cultural trips with a linguistic focus in the three languages of our curriculum
A detail of all the programs is offered below:
- The students of 1st ESO participate in an exchange of 8 days with the students of Grade 6 of ISGR, the International School of the Gothenburg Region in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- The 2nd ESO students participate in an 8-day exchange with the Year 8, 9 and 10 students of the Royal Russell School in Croydon, England.
- The students of 3rd ESO participate in an exchange of 8 days with the students of Quatrième and Troisième de Collège Le Vignet in Calvisson, France.
- The students of 3rd ESO participate in an exchange of 8 days with the students of Klasse 9 of Gymnasium Ulricianum in Aurich, Germany.
- The students of 3º ESO develop a quarterly exchange with students of Grade 10 of Gould Academy in Bethel, USA.
- The students of 3º ESO and 4º ESO participate in an exchange of 12/14 days with students of Grade 10 and 11 of Gould Academy in Bethel, USA.
- The students of 3rd and 4th ESO develop a four-month academic stay at A.Y Jackson School in Ottawa, Canada.
- The students of 4th ESO participate in an exchange of 12/14 days with students of Grade 10 and 11 of A.Y. Jackson School in Ottawa, Canada.
- The students of 1st and 2nd Bachillerato of French language participate in a linguistic cultural trip of 5/6 days to Paris, France.
- The students of 1st and 2nd Bachillerato of German language participate in a cultural and linguistic trip of 5/6 days to Berlin, Germany.